98-02 Pontiac Firebird 4th Gen F-Body Front Drag Brakes (Reuses Factory Hub) 001-0227
TBM Brakes - 001-0227-1
Racing Use Only, Not Legal for Road Use
1998-02 Pontiac Firebird 4th Gen F-Body Front Drag Brakes (Reuses Factory Hub) 001-0227
TBM Brakes afford racers one of the lightest and highest performing brake setups on the market. These brakes have proven themselves in every realm from Top Fuel Dragsters to Hot Rod Drag Week and everything in between. TBM is quickly becoming the winning edge in brake system design. With a revolutionary design TBM Brakes has lower drag and friction than competitors. Lower rolling resistance means quicker ET and better overall performance as well as longer pad life.
This front brake kit for a 1998-02 Camaro 4th Gen F-Body is for mounting to a factory hub.
Included in this kit:
- F1 2 piston calipers 002-0054SSP-1 / 002-0054SSP-2
- #1 Standard F1 Pads 6-1019 or #85 Aggressive Braking F1 Pads 6-006485
- 11.50 x .375 steel revolution rotors 3-1150375D
- Aluminum rotor hats 204-0003
- Aluminum caliper mounting brackets 16-0215
- All necessary mounting hardware.
For custom bolt pattern please contact us directly, otherwise OE factory bolt pattern will be issued.
TBM 2 Piston (F1/DR-1) Front Drag Racing Brake Kits are extremely lightweight and are not suitable for use with factory rear brakes/proportioning. They must be used with a properly installed aftermarket-style 4 piston rear brake kit.
Please note: #85 compound pads need only be used in hard braking situations. We do not recommend or suggest these for any situations where light braking or non extreme conditions are not present.
This kit fits:
- 98-02 Chevy Camaro / Pontiac Firebird / Trans Am
- Chevrolet Camaro / Pontiac Firebird / Trans Am 1993-1997 w/ conversion to 1998-2002 F-Body spindles. Disc Rear
- Chevrolet Camaro / Pontiac Firebird / Trans Am 1993-1997 w/ conversion to 1998-2002 F-Body spindles. Drum Rear
*Please call for lead times before ordering*
We recommend using TBM DOT 5.1 Extreme 6 Brake Fluid for all TBM Brake Kits. You'll need at least 4 (12 oz) bottles of fluid when building and plumbing a new system that is empty.