High Flow Wastegate Merge for 45/46/50mm Wastegate and 2.5" Tubing on Mandrel Bend 21-13003
Motion Raceworks - 21-13003
Racing Use Only, Not Legal for Road Use
You Save 23% ($30.00)
more than 10 items left
Motion 45/46/50mm Highflow Wastegate Merge 21-13003
Motion Raceworks is committed to improving performance and quality of builds. Every year we see dozens of instances of lost races or frustrated racers who have had wastegates merges crack off at the weld joint.
Wastegates are heavy especially depending on size and piping design. Inherently in fabricating a merge you are shaping metal, grinding, deburring and then welding a corner joint on only one side. This creates a weak point prone to cracking and / or breaking especially with extreme heat cycles.
Motion's new High Flow Wastegate merge combats all of these common issues with a cast "doubler" or high strength merge. Its unique saddle design is intended to be strong and versatile allowing you to position the merge anywhere on the outside radius of the 90° bend of a 2.5" OD piece of tubing. From there you can mark out the inner dimension, cut, and weld the flange on.
- Cast 316 Weldable Stainless Steel (compatible with 304 stainless)
- Saddle design extends past weld joint to allow for a strong and robust lap joint
- Cast in the USA from USA materials
- Flange Location OD: 2.00" ID: 1.750"
- Designed for use with 2.5" OD Tubing with 4.0" CLR
- Fits on every portion of the radius of a 2.5" 90° bend
- Merge/Opening internally is over double the size of a typical internal pipe joint for higher priority flow to the wastegate
- Smooth transition internally promotes optimum wastegate flow
- Wastegate flange side allows use of any brand wastegate by welding your flange of choice on.
***Note: This piece in and of itself does not create a perfect weld joint or connection. While it is stronger and creates a better opportunity for weld, care and understanding for proper welding technique and fabrication must still be taken to prevent cracking and breakages.***